Monday, June 11, 2007

Leavin' Again

Well. . . I'm gettin' ready to go to the SNAG (Society of North American Goldsmiths, you have no idea how long it took me to remember what SNAG stood for) convention in Memphis, TN on Wednesday with some of my metalsmithing classmates. I'm excited to go, but also nervous. None of these people are Christians and they've told me stories about how waisted they got the last time they all went. All I want to do is go to the convention stuff during the day, get something yummy for supper, maybe some sight seeing, and then go back to the hotel for the night; while they go out and do their own thing. I'll be back sometime late Saturday or early Sunday morning. We're driving! It's going to be the longest trip ever! Ok, maybe not for some of you, but it will be for me. When I was little we always used to drive up to South Dakota to see my Grandma in the summer and that was about 10 hours one way. This will be longer! I get sick of driving when I go home for the weekend and that's only 3 hours. Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive.

Other exciting news. . . I finally broke down and bought a digital camera. It's supposed to come today! I'm so excited! So maybe I'll get to post pictures next time. (Assuming I figure out how to do all that stuff. I might have to ask for help.)

Also Josh and Annie are officially parents now. Hooray! Elizabeth Leona will be a week old tomorrow. She's so sweet. She's got the cutest little rosebud mouth. Everybody thinks she has huge feet but they look pretty proportional to me. I don't know what the deal is.

Hmm. . . can't think of anything else right off hand. I would just ask that you all pray for me on this trip. Pray that when I say "No thanks, I don't want to go to the bars." that they will just leave me alone to do my own thing.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Have fun at the Conference! I hope the drive goes well and that you get a lot of great info and fun stuff while you're there! Yay for digital cameras!!