Sunday, November 15, 2009

Book-A-Holic & Life with Tammy

Definitely time for an update!

On August 30th I packed up my car with the essentials and moved in with my sis Tammy in Wichita. I started my new job at Book-A-Holic on September 1st.

So far I really like my job. It's a very casual environment. However it can get hectic at times. Saturday was a prime example. I walk in the door a few minutes before noon, there is a line of 5 or 6 people wanting to turn in books for trade credit. I take care of 3 customers and figure their trade, then Kaleb (co-worker) asked me to help him go through 6 huge boxes that had been turned in for trade by 1 person. We have to sort through the books, taking only what we can use based on what is already on the shelves and the condition of the books. We took about half of the books. Meanwhile, Sarah (co-worker) is helping other customers and taking in more trade. This was all in the first 10 to 15 minutes of my shift. It continued in a similar pattern for the next 4 hours! I hope it's not like this next Saturday.

Living with Tammy has been a new experience. Since there is such a huge age gap between us we've never actually lived together. We were both a little apprehensive when it came to living together as we've had our fair share of arguments over the years, but things are going well. Our schedules are quite different so we don't see much of each other. I count this as a blessing! Occasionally we get on each other's nerves but usually we can separate and get over it.

I'm saving the majority of my money so that I'll be able to move into my own place. I'm hoping to move sometime in January. (Hopefully Christmas wont completely destroy that goal!)

No comments: