Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kitties, Hips, and Art

Since it's been almost 6 months since my last post I figure I owe you all an update of some kind.

I moved into my apartment at the end of January. It is wonderful to be living alone again!

In February I was given an 11 year old cat, her name is Mercedes and she makes me laugh almost everyday.

In March I added a tiny little kitten and named him Benz. He is full of so much energy! Although he's not really little anymore, he still manages to spend most of his time in trouble.

April resulted in a hip replacement surgery for my mom. The surgery was successful except for the fact that her femur was broken during the surgery. As a result she had to walk with a walker for 10 weeks, and is only now able to put some weight on that leg. She is walking with a cane now and has even driven herself to town a few times.

At the end of May one of the girls I work with quit. So we're all trying to get used to the new schedule; the hard part is that some one has been gone for one thing or another every week since!

Kayla and I recently found this awesome little stained glass shop by our favorite Chinese restaurant that offers classes! As soon as I can scrape up the money I'm gonna take a class! Their gallery room was so beautiful! There were pieces EVERYWHERE!!! There's no way we say everything; there's just to much! But so pretty!

I spend my free time working on quilts and getting my studio ready. Soon I'll be spending more time in the studio, playing with metal and a torch!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW did they break your mom's femur during hip replacement? Is that unusual?

~Lorie H.

Cherry said...

Not usual at all! The doc was shocked, especially since my mom's last bone density test was actually better than the one she had the year before. They've done further testing for bone deseases but so far have found nothing. Right now they think it was just a fluke!

Cherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]buy Phen375[/url] are tablets that supporter trim fuselage weight. One of these tabs has to be infatuated with water, round 20 minutes before a meal, twice a day.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
garcinia cambogia extract benefits[/url] is the richest fat burning extract available in superstore for the nonce a days. Bow to upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select

Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
cambogia garcinia[/url] is the rout obese on fire extract nearby in market for the nonce a days. Lose upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select